Checklist for success!
I’ve followed Alberta Health Services Food Safety Guidelines
- Wash hands in warm, soapy water often when preparing and serving your lemonade.
- Be sure to always wash your hands after using the washroom.
- Cover cuts or sores with a bandage or glove before handling food.
- Avoid habits that spread germs like licking your fingers or biting your nails.
- Tie long hair back and keep it under control.
- Wash fresh fruit before preparing or serving.
- Prepare your lemonade elsewhere, just before your event.
- Serve your lemonade from a container with a lid and a spout.
- Always serve your lemonade in a clean, unused cup.
- Keep your extra lemonade in a clean container with ice. Keep it covered.
- Bring a garbage can with trash bags for clean up.
- Wash your containers when you get home.
—- Here’s a picture of a simple handwashing station you can setup at your stand —-